NJ TSA MIDDLE SCHOOL STATE CONFERENCE – MARCH 29, 2017
The annual NJ TSA Middle School State Conference is held every spring at The College of New Jersey (TCNJ). Middle school students from around the state will compete in competitive events and the winners qualify to compete against students from all over the country at the National TSA Conference, held in a different location each year.
Middle School Conference Results!
Click here for the 2017 NJ TSA Middle School Supplement – Describes the NJ modifications to the National TSA Competitive Event Guidelines
- Approved purchase orders or full payment must be received two weeks prior to the conference.
- 2017 Middle School Competitive Events
- 2017 Middle School CAD Foundations & System Control Technology Design Problems
- 2017 Technical Design Problem
- National TSA Competition Updates
- 2017 Themes and Design Problems
- 2017 Registration Options/Rates
- Registration (Opens January 16, 2017. Closes March 16, 2017 at 5:00 PM.)
- Dress Code
NJ TSA Updates and Clarifications:
- 2017 Middle School Supplement – Page 2, The last sentence of the “On-Site Events” section should read “Because of the time commitment involved, students may participate in only one On-Site Event (and no more than six total events).”
More information TBA as the conference approaches. Check website for updates.
- Check-in/Breakfast 8:30-9:30am
- Event Sessions begin at different times throughout the day. Please refer to the conference program once it is published. Check-in for many events is 9:30am and beginning promptly after.
- Lunch will be open during scattered times throughout the day to accommodate the large number of participants to help with crowd control as much possible.
- Awards Ceremony is tentatively scheduled for 2:30-3:30pm
- Departure and project pick up 3:30-4:00pm
Accommodations for Events:
It is the intent of NJ TSA that all students be provided fair and equal access to the events offered by our organization. Facilities used for conferences and events are wheelchair accessible.
Students with disabilities are covered by the Individuals with Disabilities Act (IDEA) which provides for an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 which provides for a Service Agreement and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Specific accommodations mandated by a student’s IEP or Service Agreement that would not change the essential nature of the event will be allowable in middle and high school competitions. These accommodations may include, but are not limited to, the use of readers, enlarged print, communication devices, change of location for test taking, clarification of instructions, additional time for completion of event or any other applicable accommodation specified in the student’s IEP or Service Agreement.
Students requesting accommodations should email NJ TSA at email@example.com. The NJ TSA Executive Board will review all requests.