Announced annually at the state and national conferences, the recipients of these awards have demonstrated outstanding commitment to the goals and objectives of TSA.
All applications/forms must be received by April 14, 2015. Fax or mail to:
The College of New Jersey
P.O. Box 7718
103 Armstrong Hall
Ewing, NJ 08628
TSA Achievement Program
The TSA Achievement Program is designed to help you become motivated to exert greater effort in your technology education program and to be recognized for your effort.
The TSA Achievement Program:
- provides an opportunity for each TSA member to receive recognition for his/her achievements,
- is designed to encourage excellence in four areas: leadership development, understanding technology, school/community service, and career/personal planning
- is planned so the highest awards represent outstanding performance by well-rounded students.
The Achievement Program is a noncompetitive, self-initiated program, designed to help you develop appropriate attitudes, knowledge, and skills by increasing your involvement in technology education programs and activities.
TSA Technology Honor Society
The TSA Technology Honor Society recognizes TSA members who excel in academics, leadership, and service to their school and community. The TSA Technology Honor Society is:
- an opportunity for student members to be recognized for their efforts
- designed to recognize TSA members who exemplify the high ideals of academics
The goals of the Technology Honor Society are:
- to motivate TSA members to work to improve and maintain high academic marks.
- to promote the undertaking of leadership roles in school and community organizations.
- to promote participation in service activities that benefit a school or community.
- to recognize student concern for chapter, school, and community.
TSA Chapter Excellence
The TSA Chapter Excellence Award recognizes chapters that are outstanding models. Many areas of chapter operation are reviewed, including meetings, scholastic and educational activities, service projects, conference participation, team awards and recognition, and general chapter activities. Also taken into consideration are chapter fund-raising projects and leadership development activities. Chapters may not receive this award two years in a row. Congratulations to many outstanding TSA chapters who have been recipients of this award.
Distinguished Alumni Award
The recipients of this award are alumni of TSA who have demonstrated commitment and service to TSA beyond graduation. The criteria area as follows:
1. Graduated from high school at least three years prior, after being a member in good standing with TSA for a minimum of two years.
2. Active participation since graduation, as evidenced by attendance at the conferences, membership on committees, judging student events, or other service of value to TSA.
Distinguished Student Award
The recipient of the Distinguished Student Award is selected on the basis of valued service to the community and to TSA. Both past and present contributions are considered (as verified by responsible parties). Criteria include the following:
1. A member in good standing with TSA for a minimum of one school year.
2. Active participation in TSA through local, state, or national involvement.
3. Recognition by fellow students, teachers, or administrators of technology education programs as a student who has achieved prominence and distinction.