NJ TSA is pleased to announce five (5) new STEM-related Winter Design Challenges, FREE and open to middle and high school NJ TSA members.
The Super Bowl is one of the most highly anticipated events of the year. Over 100 million people will tune in to watch from home, and approximately 70,000 people will attend the game.
The Super Bowl Host Committee is responsible for all aspects of the promotion and planning of the big game. It acts as the liaison between the National Football League (NFL) and the host city, where the game is played.
Due to the complexity of such a large event, the Host Committee must begin planning a full year in advance and has asked NJ TSA members to help design party spaces, merchandise and more (please see the list of specific design challenges below) in preparation for the 52nd annual Super Bowl, taking place on February 4, 2018 in Minneapolis, Minnesota:
- Winter challenges are open to middle and high school NJ TSA members.
- Chapters may enter two teams of 1-6 members for each challenge. Teamwork is encouraged, but a team of one (1) student is permitted.
- Students may participate in more than one challenge.
- All entries are submitted ONLINE via email and video presentation.
- Entries are NOT required to incorporate specific NFL teams into their designs, however, participants may select teams of their choice for this purpose, if they wish.
- Please see the individual challenge guidelines and rating forms for evaluation criteria.
- Deadline to register – February 20, 2017 by 5:00pm.
- Deadline to submit entries- February 27, 2017 by 5:00pm.
- Click Here to register for Interior Design
- Click Here to register for Landscape Design
- Click Here to register for Faux Cake Design
- Click Here to register for Jewelry Design
- Click Here to register for Upcycle Flower Arrangement
- All entries are submitted ONLINE.
- Video presentation is to be posted online – e.g. YouTube.
- Documentation materials (portfolio, photos, etc.) should be saved as a PDF.
- The URL for the video should be emailed to email@example.com, and all documentation materials (portfolio, photos, etc.) are to be submitted as a PDF attachment to the email.
- Please indicate in the email your school name and which design challenge you are submitting (e.g. Landscape Design).
Trophies and prizes will be awarded. All finalists will be acknowledged at the 2017 State Conference.
Please click the links below to view the guidelines for each event: