CTE Month

CTE Month

Hey New Jersey TSA! I hope all of you are having fun preparing for the state conference. We are less than two months away at this point, so hopefully everyone is making progress. If you put the time and effort into your competition, it is sure to pay off!

This month’s blog will cover a very important topic: CTE month. What is CTE month? CTE, or Career and Technical Education, Month is a celebration of the initiatives across the country that educate students about applied technology. From STEM to agriculture to law, CTE spans a large set of disciplines. CTE can be found in a variety of places, whether it be in your middle/high school, a career center, or a university. As a matter of fact, 94% of high school students participate in at least one form of CTE!

Overall, February is a great month to show your appreciation for your CTE teachers. CTE teachers show us how to be better thinkers and better problem solvers. Being able to learn about such topics as engineering and computer science is not an opportunity that all students have, so, when you get the opportunity this month, be sure to thank your CTE teachers. One “thank you” can go a long way!

Something else that I will be showing my appreciation for during CTE month is TSA. TSA, as an association, is designed to provide students with an opportunity to explore their passions in the field of technology. Not only that, but TSA teaches students the skills necessary to successfully approach and solve problems — everything from communication to leadership! Ever since becoming a member of TSA, my ability to apply my technical skillset to problems has greatly improved. It is for this reason that I am so appreciative for TSA!

Thank you for reading this month’s blog post! Continue to work hard for your state conference events. I can’t wait to see how you guys do in a few weeks!

(for more information on CTE month, check out this website: https://www.acteonline.org/general.aspx?id=2722#.WKKRoB9vHVM)

Darren Schachter

NJ TSA State Historian